Orphan Justice Mission is a 501(c)3 organization based in Portage, MI, that is working to eradicate the causes and effects of orphanhood. We are a Christian organization that believes God has directly commanded his people to protect and care for orphans and vulnerable children. We work strategically with a broad spectrum of supporters and partners, both in the United States and abroad to equip local churches to take the lead in child-focused, holistic community development and to raise awareness about adoption and child care options.
This video is of a presentation given at Connections Community Church on November 12, 2011. It’s a great introduction to who we are and what we do. The prezi on the left is the one used for the presentation (just click when Kyle clicks).
- We have existed since 2005.
- We have two U.S. staff members and four Ugandan staff members.
- Internationally, we primarily work with three village communities in southern Uganda.
- We help provide direct child care through school financial support to nearly 1,200 children in Uganda.
- Our communities must supply a minimum of 10% community contribution to every project.
- We use a participatory methodology and work to train and disciple local leaders.
- Our 2011 budget is $480,000.
- We are partnered with three local churches in southwest MI.